I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting into Party Mode

I missed Caralie's 5th birthday while I was gone in Hawaii, so we are celebrating it tonight. Her official birthday party (girls only) is most likely going to be rescheduled for next Saturday ... if I can get my act together in time.

So I spent a good hour wrapping gifts:

Now my back hurts. At least she just wants pizza for her birthday dinner!


Birthday girls get to lick the beaters.


I talked her into cupcakes vs. a full-on cake. Her compromise: they had to be purple. My stipulation: lavender is as far as I will go with frosting. No Barney cupcakes here.


She did get to put pink sprinkles on them.


Birthday girls also get to lick frosting bowls.

So, we are prepared to celebrate. Auntie Celisse just came over and is making cookies with Caralie. After seeing the color of those cupcakes, I may prefer a cookie myself.

Oh, and you really can't see it in these photos but Caralie's got a red eye and a big bruise on her right cheek. She attended a birthday party last night that included a pinata and ... you can guess the rest. We'll just tell everyone at church that it was a surfing accident.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Holy cow, that means she's 5 already!!! Happy belated birthday Caralie! The cupcakes are beautiful. Purple is my most favorite color!