
I was going to write a post about being thankful for Target's 18-inch rolls of gift wrap in the Dollar Spot and then remembered that tomorrow is Veteran's Day. Hello!
Our family has been blessed in not having any members serving in the military at the time of war with the exception of a distant cousin who was killed in Iraq. But I do have a close friend whose husband just returned after his most recent tour in Afghanistan - he was gone for a year and I finally learned what sacrifices the families of our military servicemen and women make.
I am grateful for our veterans. I am grateful that they put their country first, especially when so few are willing to do so. They keep us safe, they keep us free, they sometimes make the ultimate sacrifice for people who often don't appreciate it.
I am grateful to their families for sharing their loved ones with our country and striving to live life as normally as possible while their husband/wife/son/daughter/father/mother/brother/sister are putting their life on the line.
I really hope we all take the time to think of our veterans and the blessings they have brought to our country. I know I will.
Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment