I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Thursday, December 9, 2010

There's a Monster in my Bed


No, seriously.

I have discovered a trick for falling asleep faster: hold a stuffed animal. And I'm not suggesting this for the four-year-old set. I am sleeping better now that I have a "friend" in the bed with me (and, no, the hubby doesn't count - he snores).

I used to sleep with a stuffed panda when I was younger. Not sure when I gave it up. But a few months ago Caralie left one of her bears in my bed and just for fun I held it as I fell asleep. I was surprised how well I slept that night. After a while Caralie wanted her bear back, but she compromised on Super Grover, who was actually mine to begin with (I went through a silly phase in high school). He's now my bed buddy every night.

Yes, the husband teases me. But Caralie gets it. Especially since she has at least 4 "friends" in her bed with her each night if not more.

It's weird, but it works.

1 comment:

lisakh said...

I do something similar. I have to have my arms around something when I sleep, keeping my arms further apart, otherwise my shoulders hurt and/or my arms lose circulation or the nerve in my arm gets pinched (all because of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome). So I either bunch up a blanket I have on my bed and hold that, or I have a stuffed panda that I got that is an excellent pillow, and I put my arms around it. Whenever people come in my room and see a stuffed animal on my bed, they give me a look like, "Are you still 4?". I try to explain that I use it as a type of arm pillow. Some buy it, some don't. Glad I'm not alone!