The student teacher, Miss Wharten (I'm guessing on the spelling here), asked Caralie to design a T-shirt for the class clothesline. Here is what she came up with:
The heart is a girl because it has purple pigtails and she wrote the word "Yeah" above it.She got to pick her desk and chose one right up front. Miss Wharten showed her where her cubby and mailbox were and then we learned some fun things about Mrs. Grantham (posted on the whiteboard):
Her favorite color is purple. (Caralie is excited about this because that is her favorite color too!)
Her favorite book is the Harry Potter series.
Her favorite food is pizza.
She has a masters in education, specializing in bi-lingual.
Her favorite drink is Cherry Coke Zero (I didn't even know that existed).
She has a son in first grade and a 4 year old daughter.
Here is a photo of Mrs. Grantham with Caralie:
I got to speak to her for a little while and I'm convinced Caralie is going to love her and have a great year.We did take a detour and visit Mrs. Haynie, who picked Caralie up in a gigantic hug when she saw her. We were so happy to see the frog we made for her at the end of last year keeping watch over the sign-in sheet to her room. Mrs. Haynie told Caralie that she had kept the frog on her coffee table all summer and that she had told Mrs. Grantham that Caralie was a very smart girl and to be prepared to put her to work. She was so impressed that Caralie donated her hair this summer (a blog post on that will come soon) and mentioned that her father is currently battling cancer. So he'll be in our prayers.
After picking up a school pencil and playing on the playground for a bit we finally went home.
It's weird to accept that my kid is in first grade. And what creeps me out more is how much she looks just like I did - that photo of her with Mrs. Grantham could seriously be me at that age (minus several hundred freckles). I had a horrible first grade teacher and had tummy problems all year from stress. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that for Caralie. Mrs. Grantham is lovely and I know she'll take good care of my kiddo.
Now I think I'll go take a nap. I have a sore throat and feel rather icky. Stupid airplane air.
No comments:
Post a Comment