I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of School - First Grade Edition


Caralie woke up before 7 am and was super excited to go to school. She had picked out the outfit she wanted for the first day:


It's a ruffled tunic top and a ruffled skort. She likes it because she thinks it looks like a dress but isn't a dress. "It's tricky!" I wish they made those flower sandals in my size because I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Oh, and I did tell her to ham it up for the camera since she originally backed into the corner for her picture.

This year she's moved on from her Disney Princess backpack and is using the navy and lavender one she won in a PTA raffle last year.

It was kind of strange watching her line up with her new class, which is right next to Mrs. Haynie's class. Clearly I'm not finished with the grieving process when it comes to the loss of Mrs. Haynie. I need to get a grip.

This year Caralie is taking a (reusable) water bottle to school since it's so hot during the day. She asked me to freeze it last night so it would be a giant ice cube in the morning. The only problem with that is the bottle sweats as the ice melts and it made a big watery mess on her desk. So tonight I came up with a solution. I'll post it on my Strawberry Blond blog soon since it's a crafty-ish-thingie-ma-bob.

Anyway, so far so good. Looks like she already making friends and having a good time. Now I need to get caught up on posting about our trip to Georgia.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

She is too stinkin' cute. I love her hair that length! And her outfit...all cuteness!!!