I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, January 29, 2010

Dear Husband,


Yesterday was rough. Getting laid off happens even to the best, including you. You worked hard at a job that made use of your talents and did well. You got excellent reviews and truly applied yourself and strove to improve your skills everyday. You saved your company money, made savvy suggestions, and gave them your best. And yet here we are.

I hope you know this is not a reflection on you and your abilities. You are enormously talented. You are dedicated to acquiring the skills to improve yourself and your life. You are intelligent and responsible (with the exception of a few speeding tickets, but I digress...).

Most of the time I am a complainer and a hard-@$$. I don't give you an easy time and you pretty much drive me crazy (and, let's be honest, you excel at it). Neither of us makes it easy on the other. And yet here we are.

We are pulling together and speaking kindly. Giving support and moving forward.

I have to tell you I am impressed with your attitude. I am proud of your glass-half-full perspective. This too shall pass! We will make it through and come out the other side the better for it. We are learning and growing.

Whether you get another position with this company or find something else, I want you to know that I am proud of you.

I am behind you all the way.

I believe in you.


Now, please slow down on the way home.

No comments: