I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Friday

"This is the post that never ends. Yes, it goes on and on my friends..."


Okay. I have a lot to cover, so don't expect much of a pithy commentary.

This is Chad. Chad is a goofball. Chad is dressed as a motion capture person for his office Halloween party:

Playing defense for an NBA video game.


Working on his handicap for a golf video game.

Yes, I am married to that.

Moving on.

This is Caralie. Caralie is mad at me. I am "wasting her time" by taking a photo of her Halloweenie outfit for school. Precious playing-on-the-playground-before-the-bell-rings time:

Evil eye.


Pumpkin socks from Nani.


This is the same child, after eating an oreo spider and making a spider hat during her class Halloween party:

Funny how sugar changes things.


These are the cutie-patootie art projects said child brought home:

Her favorite candy is Smarties.


He's a happy skeleton.


A six-eyed spider with a glitter web.


After coming home, the child announced that she did not feel good and promptly sprouted a fever. Did I mention that she got the flu vaccine on Wednesday? The live flu vaccine that goes up your nose? On Wednesday? The Wednesday before Halloween? No? Oh well, she got the live flu vaccine on the Wednesday before Halloween and promptly sprouted a fever on Friday afternoon!

She was not to be deterred from attending the elementary school Halloween dance, such as it was called. So after a 3 hour nap, ibuprofen in her bloodstream, and a belly full of oatmeal, we dressed her up:

Happy mouse.


Dancing mouse.


Mouse butt.

We managed to arrive an hour late. No loss. We did arrive in time for the costume contest. Here are some of the candidates:

"Happy" candidates.


More like suspects lined up for questioning and mug shots.


No Caralie did not win. She was robbed by Indiana Jones. The 4 year old punk.

We decided to be happy anyway:

Well, Daddy was as happy as a sunburned lobster can be.


This little guy, we'll call him "Bob," asked me if he could dance with Caralie:


I told him sure, but let's wait until the music starts again. Music starts. Caralie dances. Bob runs away. The end.

Luckily she found a friend to help her get down with her bad self to the Cha-Cha Slide:



And then prepared for the scream contest:


Which should never. ever. be. done. again. The end.


A little more dancing:



And then hot cocoa with marshmallows before bed:


Just so you know, 3 minutes after I took this shot she had finished her cocoa and requested that she be put to bed. I ended up staying up with her half the night, nursing her fevered little body.

Today we have Trunk-or-Treat, not to mention true-blue Trick-or-Treating, and she is sick as a dog. Poor kid doesn't even have the energy to lay on the couch and watch Disney Channel.

I'm about to head over to our church's Trunk-or-Treat and beg for pity candy. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Poor little thing. I just wrote on facebook that I couldn't wait to see pictures of her in her costume...and then I came here. She looks precious! Pitiful, but precious! I'm so sorry she's sick. I hope she feels well soon!