I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Vomit

I am SO BEHIND on blogging, it's not even funny. I still have posts to do about our trip to Georgia back in July. And our trip to the zoo last weekend. And our adventure at a commercially prostituted farm pumpkin patch. Then there was making Caralie's Halloween costume, which I have thankfully already blogged about on my craft blog here, here, and here. And let's not forget Trunk or Treat! Thinking about it all (and all the other bazillion projects I have going on) makes me feel like this:

Pumpkin vomit.

I am a hollow shell.

Well, not really. I'm actually full of Halloween candy ferreted from my daughter's Trunk or Treat stash. And a couple of chocolate cupcakes.

But I digress.

This post is about carving our pumpkin from said pumpkin patch. It's been 3 ... maybe 4 ... years since we actually carved a pumpkin. Long enough for Caralie to forget what's involved in carving a pumpkin. Namely lots of guts and seeds. She was too prissy to get her hands dirty so I did most of the work. We reserved the seeds to roast later. If I ever get to it.

She wanted a funny, surprised face. I drew several different options on a piece of paper and this is the one she chose:


For future reference: those cheap $1 knives from Pampered Chef are awesome for cutting curves in pumpkins!

Here Jack sits already waiting to be surprised by Trick or Treaters. Or the lack thereof. I think our doorbell rang 4 times.



Caralie insisted we buy an LED light at Hobby Lobby earlier in the month for Jack. It changes colors and stuff.

So. When do you throw out Jack? Ours is sitting on the kitchen table awaiting his fate.

****UPDATE****

Okay, so we threw Jack out today (Thurs) after he sprouted some fuzzy black stuff worthy of a hazmat team. If we are all found dead in our beds in the next couple of days, you know what happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The LED light is such a good idea!! Thanks Caralie!! It looks awesome!