Caralie took in a puzzle (because she loves to do puzzles), her goggles (because she loves to swim), her Georgia Peach bear (because she was born in Georgia), a tiara and sunglasses (because she loves to dress up), a Harry Potter book (because she loves Harry Potter and reading), and a stick of purple glitter glue (because her favorite color is purple and she loves to do crafts).
Mrs. Grantham also sent home a directive for Caralie to fill out a questionnaire about herself (not pictured because it contains too much private info) and make a scrapbook page to add to the Star Student Book. We'll get both back at the end of the year. Here's Caralie's scrapbook page (click on the photos to see them larger):

Today she came home with a booklet of compliments from the entire class:

Each child drew a picture and then finished the sentence "Caralie is special because ______." One mentioned she's special because she "chases boys on the playground." Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that....
What surprised me most today was that she also came home with this:

Apparently she was the First Grade Student of the Month for the month of September. She had her picture taken with the principal today. I'm not clear what else it entails, so I'm sending an email to Mrs. Grantham for a little info.
I'm so proud of her! She tries very hard to be a good friend and she is doing outstandingly well in reading and math. Yesterday we stopped by to visit Mrs. Haynie after school and she told Caralie that Mrs. Grantham thought she was "a genius" and was looking for more interesting work for her to do. Mrs. Haynie is always so good about making Caralie feel special.
Sorry if any of this makes you want to gag, but at least I'm not sporting one of those "My Child's Awesomer Than Your Child" bumper stickers. I'm just proud of her for working so hard this year. Once she finishes her homework she gets an extra big brownie.
And so does mom. Cuz, you know, I made her and all. Those are my brain cells she high-jacked while in the womb.

2 comments:
Way to go Caralie! That is really neat. You did really good on the scrapbook pages they look very nice. I think you need the bumper sticker she seems like a pretty awesome kid! (Although that might back fire once you put it on your car so maybe you should hold off. :))
When you're a proud Momma you have all the bragging rights in the world! She's definitely a keeper!
Cute scrapbook pages. Purple is my favorit too! :)
Post a Comment